This technology enables low skilled personnel to locate air delivered ordnance buried at depth. The PKI 9140 Large Loop applies the eddy current pulse induction principle. It detects all ferrous and non ferrous metals. The equipment consists in an electronics box, a battery container and a large loop diameter 2600 mm with search frame. A ring coil diameter 260 mm is available as an option. The modular frame can be assembled in several ways, which allows to obtain frames from different sizes (1×1 m, 1×2 m, 1,5×2,5m) according to the searched objects and depth. The ring coil (option), working with the same electronic system is used for pin-point location, after detection with the large loop. Detection signals are easy to interpret and no advanced training is required for operation. The unit is splash-proof and of sturdy design. The target acquisition is indicated by audio alarm and on a galvanometer. The delay setting suppresses the indication of small metal fragments located at the surface in order to assure the detection of bigger objects in deeper grounds, such as bombs or big shells buried very deeply and to ignore surface clutters.
- Power supply: 8 dry batteries 1,5 V type LR14 or rechargeable batteries
- Operating time: 55 h in pos. low /25 h in pos. high (LR14)
- Dimensions: Electronics box: 270 x 90 x 70 mm, Battery pack: 290 x 105 x 50 mm, Search loop: 2550 mm diameter
- Weights: frame 2,5 kg, electronics box 0,9 kg, battery pack 1,1 kg
- Detection range (in air): mine T57 at approx. 1,6 m, bomb 250 kg at approx. 3,5 m